You Tube is becoming a popular venue for entrepreneurs. Have you seen American Idol, The Voice, America’s Got Talent, well you know everyone wants to be a star these days. People sign up with You Tube with visions of a huge following and big paychecks.
Of course almost everybody fails at making big money off their original video content. However there a ton of You Tube “rags to riches” success stories.
So if you are looking to make a fortune,or just some extra cash,heads up!!! If you know the proper methods,you can make big cash from You Tube in no time.
Methods For Monetization
1.Becoming a Partner-Partnering with You Tube is the most common way of making money from the site.
By doing this you will split all of the money made from ads. This applies to both the advertisements that play before your videos,and the ads that are displayed to the right of your video.
The reason partnering with You Tube is the most common monetization technique is because it is convenient.
It is easy to set-up and start earning revenue immediately. However it is hard to make a fortune with this method.
PLEASE SHARE THIS POST TO ALL YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA OUTLETS
2. Signing up Sponsors-If you are fortunate enough to accumulate a large audience,then you can sign up sponsors for your programming that wish to advertise to your demographic. This method is dependent on your audience,the potential sponsors and their budgets.
3.Merchandising-If you are providing free video content,there is a huge opportunity for you to promote other products that are sources of revenue for yourself.
If you manage to carve out popularity and a devoted fan-base,you can market your own products that your fans will be more than happy to pay for. Of course this method will require you to build your own website.
4.Utilize a Paywall-A “freemium” business model is a good way to persuade your audience to purchase your paid product.
Give away the bulk of your content for free on You Tube but hide some of your best stuff behind a paywall on your website. If you have a large audience,chances are some of them will be willing to pay for your exclusive videos.
5. Affiliate Deal-If you do not have your own product to sell,find somebody that does and collect commission on sales that you refer to them.
An affiliate deal can be difficult if there is no obvious partner to your channel but the opportunity is huge if you can effectively promote somebody else.
Read my post on affiliate marketing(http://makingbigcashonline.com/3-ways-i-get-paid) for more information
Beyond You Tube
If You Tube isn’t your thing, there are other options for generating revenue from your videos. These are some alternatives.
1.Dailymotion-Dailymotion is one of the more popular alternatives to You Tube. After you become a “motionmaker” you will be able to upload your videos and earn a portion of the ad revenue.
2. Vimeo-Instead of relying on ads. Vimeo utilizes a “tip jar” model. Viewers have the option of tipping a video from $1–$500.Producers receive around 85% of the tips.
3.Break.com-If you manage to get a video onto Break.com’s home page,you will be offered $400 for the video (or $200 to license the video)
4.Viddler-At Viddler you can sell access to your channel,either on a weekly or monthly basis. So if you do not wish to give away your content for free,Viddler can set-up a paid content model for you.
5.Blip.tv-This is another site that will allow you to generate revenue through advertisements.
Tools and Research
There are plenty of tools that will help you out with video production. If you want a successful income through video content,you would be wise to become familiar with these tools.
1. Content ID-If you are making legitimate money from You Tube you need to defend your revenue stream against people who steal content. Content ID allows you to identify your material and retain the earnings that would otherwise go to copycats.
2. You Tube Insight-This is an analytics tool that provides you with information on your audience.
3.You Tube Trends-Subscribing to You Tube Trends will allow you to stay “in the know” on trends and it is a good place to look for inspiration for making videos.
4.You Tube Playbook-This is designed to aid You Tube partners in building their audience and maximizing their earnings.
5.You Tube Keyword Tool-This is another tool that helps you determine what people are searching for within You Tube.
6.Official You Tube Blog-Another great way to stay up to date on all of the current You Tube trends.
7. Free You Tube Channel Report-SimplyMeasured will give you a free report on your You Tube channel.
8. You Tube Charts-A site that provides information on the videos that are popular now,and the videos that have been successful in the past.
9. YTtalk–This is a Huge You Tube community forum. It is a great place to go for inspiration or to ask any questions you may have.
I believe that You Tube is the wave of the future when it comes to making money online.
If you wish to pursue this,I suggest you build your own website.If you have a website.,you can direct your You Tube audience to it and generate further income.
The income generated from your site can be invested back into your original video content which will allow you to make top of the line content and this will build your audience further. It’s a great relationship if you can implement it effectively.
If you have never built a website,check out my review on wealthy affiliate.(http://makingbigcashonline.com/#1work-from-home-recommendation/) Wealthy Affiliate will teach you everything you need to know about monetizing a site. A monetized site will allow you the freedom to concentrate on making more videos.
As always if you have any feedback or questions,leave them below,and don’t forget to share this post to all your friends and your social media sites,it really helps me out guys. Take care and stay cool.